THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE - Please use www.icedearthguild.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE - Please use www.icedearthguild.com

3 posters

[Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess)

Renewforyou
    Renewforyou

[Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess) Empty [Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess)

Post  Renewforyou Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:51 am

-Character Name: Renewforyou
    -Class: Discipline Priest
    -Realm: Draenor Europe
    -Professions: Tailoring.

-Time Played (do /played ingame): 49 days 14 hours 42 minutes 13 seconds

-Show us your gear, link your armory profile:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Renewforyou

-Nationality: I've been born and raised in the not so delightful sight of North East England, where crime is high and flowers don't grow.

-Zone: North-East England (What a shame)

-English skills for comunication in raids: My English skills are somewhat outstanding, with exceptional knowledge of punctuation and grammatical skills I view myself as a good communicator amongst the raid.

-Age(Minimum is 18 .. if you are not then don't bother applying): 18 approaching 19 due next June.

-What's your pre-wrath raid experience? - Pre "Wrath of the Lich King" my experience wasn't fantastic, as this was the starting year of my further educational college course. In early Burning Crusade I started off weary on the PvE side of content, although as the Burning Crusade days become older, I became wiser and dedicated my WoW career to PvE content. I started off with squishy heroics (Blood Furnace) etc, then after getting some...fairly average epics I then found myself a small guild and started raids such as Karazhan and Zul'Aman. Although sadly never got past those points before Wrath was released.

-Please indicate how much 10/25 man raiding experience you have:

Ulduar: 12/14
    Ulduar Hard-modes: 5/9
    Trial of the Crusader: 5/5 (5/5 ToGc)
    Trial of the Grand Crusader (Heroic): I haven't yet downed any bosses in 25 man grand, although I have downed 25 man normal. (The reason i haven't downed any bosses in here thus far is because the guilds I've been in before i was last in Iced Earth haven't been up to standard)

-Which Raids are you able to attend? ( please mark with a X in the [] what raid you can make )
    [x] Day 1 - Wednesday 20:00-24:00
    [x] Day 2 - Thursday 20:00-24:00
    [x] DAy 3 - Sunday 20.00-24:00

-My class role in raids is: As a disc priest(ess) my role within a encounter is to apply short and snappy healing to the tanks taking considerable amounts of damage. Because of the selective strong moves my class contains (such as quick 'oh shit' cool downs) I can nullify the damage taken upon the tank (with moves such as pain suppression) Because of Penance (in my opinion) one of the highest HPS in the game (if critting) it makes single target healing a breeze. Disc priests should always contain a large enough mana pool to heal through a encounter of around 5 minutes (personally i test this upon myself with flash heal spams) to make sure I can content with a long encounters duration. IMO a disc priest shouldn't really gem to much more than 28-29,000 mana. This is because when Disc priests critical heal they receive mana back (i wont go into all of the mathematical equations right now, although feel free to drop me a whisper and i'll explain), the more a priest (disc) crits for the more mana he will gain in return. Which is why around 28-29k mana it's good to start gemming spell power, the higher crit the more mana return and obviously the more health restored on the tank.

-Why did/do you want to leave your current guild? - I'm currently Raidleading on my Alternate character (Orangepeel) in a guild called but I've pictured myself being in the low-belows shoes for too long and want to experience some real content breaking. I see myself as persistant and motivated individual whom will always try his best to achieve a goal. So i think hardcore raiding is something i stand for and will acomplish many sucsesses in.

Also please provide us with some previous guild(s) history:
    Iced Earth - Left on my DK (Tect) due to real life issues (now sorted)
    Hex - Already had 7 raiding priests
    Nox - " "
    Relinquished - Reason explained above.

-What are your expectations if you join us: Just a nice atmospheric guild that offers friendship and companionship. I know what to expect as I was a member in there in the past. And speak to Vanon somewhat regularly on how the guild is doing, and to send my best regards.

-Why did you pick us instead of someone else, why do you think we are good for you? - Absolutely astonishing guys, polite, mature. MY place to be, good raiding atmosphere.

-Tell us something about yourself, tell us a bit about yourself, your background, any other MMOs you've played, your computer and connection, specs you have tried and enjoyed.In short anything that you think will interest us: -

--About me--

I'm the kind of individual whom works well when co-operating with fellow friends within raids or anything they may require any assistance with. I'm a person you could share any information with and expect it kept confidential and to myself. I've been playing WoW since not long after Vanilla was released, during the time I was playing Vanilla i didnt do much raiding, not many people did, what with finding their feet and whatnot. During the early stages of "The Burning Crusade" i found myself starting to slowly graduate into further PvE activities such as simple heroics that eventually progressed to raiding Karazhan and Zul'Aman. In the Burning Crusade I found myself a guild and settled down, into some raids unfortinately not long after I joined the guild then disbanded and I faced some real life issues that couldn't have been set aside for WoW, thats the only time i quit playing (for a duration of 6-8 months). Prior to Wrath of the Lich king release i then returned to the world of which is warcraft and then began my adventure again. The early days of Wrath of the Lich King was upon me, i began farming the simple heroics from being freshly dinged 80 (Good old nexus and Utgarde'Keep), after finding myself some let say...mediocore epics i then creeped slowly and surely into Naxxramas and made my own guild on an old realm (Alonsus), under the name of Malevolent and then lead that guild to being great achievers in the times of Naxx. After the guild i lead fell due to people cropping up with real life issues (which i understood because i was in the same situation earlier on in my history) the guild then disbanded and i realm changed to Draenor. And then made my trusty DeathKnight (Tect) on which i did some Ulduar hardmodes, same with my priest(ess) and now i think i'm ready to undertake the next steps of raiding and take it to a higher level. Other than WoW i like to kick back, relax and enjoy some music with my headphones on laid on my bed, daydreaming.And the biggest thing in my life other than wow is speaking to my girlfriend whom lives 200 miles away.

--Specs--

Nvidia 9800GTO (x2)
    AMD 9600+ Quad Core CPU
    20MB Broadband Internet
    8GB DDR2 RAM Memory
    28" monitor high definition.
    Renewforyou
    Renewforyou

[Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess) Empty Re: [Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess)

Post  Renewforyou Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Just want to add i've read the boss strategies for Icecrown Citadel:

Lord Marrowgar:
    Phase 1 it's my job as a healer to remain behind the boss and spread out whilst healing the three tanks. (Three because like Grobbulus he does a attack that considerably damages each of the tanks)
    Phase 2 - Spread out around the back wall as he will do a AoE whirlwind and move throughout the room to various points (have to move if he comes towards you).

Lady Deathwhisper
    Phase 1 - It's my job to either heal the ranged DPS thats tanking the boss, hitting her to decrease her mana shield (effectively her health) to begin phase 2. 'Or' Healing one of the split up sides at either side of the room whom are taking care of adds. One ranged and one Melee dps should be placed with me.
    Phase 2 - Interupt, bloodlust. Nuke.

Whisper me in-game if you want to question me on the gunship battle and saurfang Smile
    Zoku
    Zoku
    Social
    Social

[Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess) Empty Re: [Declined] - Renewforyou, Disc Priest(ess)

Post  Zoku Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for the application, well-written and all.

Gear is'nt topnotch and missing top-level shoulder enchant though as it is a reroll I can understand that some reps and tradeskills aren't fully levelled yet.

Though as we currently have two active and skilled discipline priests right now sharing the raidnights between them, I would say having a third would be way to much.
    (As in a single raid healingteam setup there is only room for one discipline priest.)

Just my few cents. Let's see what officers say Wink

// Zoku
    Renewforyou
    Renewforyou

Post  Renewforyou Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I dont mind being back-up in raids. I wouldnt want to take anybodys spot anyway. I have been in Iced Earth in the past and the guilds functionality and organisation was phenomenal. I would love to just be in the guild and not raid, than not be in it at all. Granted, raids make it more intresting but i wouldnt dedicate all my attention to it above the guild. Just a reminder i've got a prot paladin and DK DPS (6k+) if you needed them, though i'd prefer my healer.

In terms of my gear it isnt of the highest standard because as mentioned in my application i havent been in any top notch raiding guilds and therefore havent had the chance "really" to do any good Grand Crusader runs. I've done 10 man ToGC 3-4 times with pugs, though at the time they had warlocks/mages and another disc priest in the team and therefore the chances of me getting any loot was pretty much slim to 0. The only heroic gear i did see drop was never won by myself. Zoku, Slinky and all the other officers, you've got my persistency to join the guild. If i did get a shot, i would stop at nothing to get my gear to a satisfactory level and show you guys that i've got the brains to back up the brawn. I can be much better geared much quicker if it's what you wish. I will get myself into Grand runs tonight and farm new gear.

***I'm willing to offspec Holy and try out healing in Holy aswell (Modifying/collecting new gear***

I'm never known to let anyone down. Surprised

Cheers
    Slinky
    Slinky
    Guild leader
    Guild leader

Post  Slinky Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Hello,

I can't offer you a raiding spot at the moment sorry. I hope you manage to find yourself a decent guild and get the chance to raid properly - joining here a social would not be fulfilling for you as you wish to raid, so good luck.

Slink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:08 am