THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE - Please use www.icedearthguild.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE - Please use www.icedearthguild.com

+2
Alucard
Strummer
6 posters

[Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior

Strummer

[Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior Empty [Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior

Post  Strummer Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 pm

-Character Name: Stiffnips
    -Class: Fury Warrior
    -Realm: Draenor
    -Professions: Mining + JC'ing, although they both still need some levels as i'm flat broke ;_;

-Time Played (do /played ingame): 25 days 6 hours
    (character applying only)

-Show us your gear, link your armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Stiffnips
    -Nationality: English
    -Zone: GMT +0
    -English skills for comunication in raids: Speak perfect english(ish Wink
    -Age(Minimum is 18 .. if you are not then don't bother applying): 19

-What's your pre-wrath raid expirience? I only started playing early TBC, but during TBC i cleared all raid content up til Felmyst(2/6) in SWP pre-nerf, raiding with the guild 'Ruin', which is where i met Nondead. (The character i raided on in tbc is my mage, 'Strummer' for reference.) Unfortunately, the guild fell apart shortly after the pre-wotlk nerf, as half the guild didn't see the point in raiding anymore with wotlk round the corner, whereas the rest of us wanted to carry on.

-Please indicate how much 10/25 man raiding experience you have: This character is still relatively new. Throughout wotlk i have been raiding with a social/casual guild (Lazarus) as a prot Paladin (Sleeze), but after toc was cleared i started to get bored of tanking, so came back to my dps roots and rolled a fury warr, so check Sleeze for the content achi's;

Ulduar: Cleared it on 10 man, 13/15 on 25
    Ulduar Hard-modes: Completed XT, Iron Council, Hodir and Thorim on 10man
    Trial of the Crusader: Cleared on 10 + 25 man
    Trial of the Grand Crusader (Heroic): Cleared on 10 man with about 47 attempts left
    Icecrown Citadel: Killed 4/4, Festergut, Rotface + Valithria on 10 man. Done 4/4 on 25man.

-Which Raids are you able to attend?
    [x] Day 1 - Wednesday 20:00-24:00
    [x] Day 2 - Thursday 20:00-24:00
    [x] DAy 3 - Sunday 20.00-24:00

-My class role in raids is: To deal lots of damage while desperately trying not to aggro jocolor dem cleaves

-Why did/do you want to leave your current guild? Well as i said, i've been playing a Tank since the start of wotlk, which i started to find boring. Now i'm finding it hard to get raid spots on my Warrior because i'm constantly being asked to tank (the guild lacks tanks). Just finding the lack of progress in 25 man Dull when i'm also having to play a character i don't enjoy playing. I've also been thinking back to TBC, how much i enjoyed progressing through Black Temple with Ruin, even though we were wiping on a boss for hours, when we finally got the kill it felt great. I hopefully want to recapture that feeling and See Lich King25 before Cataclysm.

-What are your expectations if you join us:I'm expecting to raid alongside like-minded skilled players, hopefully make a bunch of new friends and Clear some content. Also Future-proofing to try and get myself into a nice, commited guild to get a nice start on Cataclysm

-Why did you pick us instead of someone else, why do you think we are good for you? The main reason i chose to apply to Iced Earth is because i would love the opportunity to raid alongside Nondead again, who was my Magebro in Ruin in TBC. Also my friend who i've been playing wow with for about 3 years now just got a trial here (shirow). Also, what i've seen/heard of IE from pugs i have been in with a few of your guys, you have great potential of getting LK25 down and progressing through the hardmodes, so i'd like to offer my assistance.

-Tell us something about yourself, tell us a bit about yourself, your background, any other MMOs you've played, your computer and connection, specs you have tried and enjoyed.In short anything that you think will interest us: IRL i am heavily into music, i play most the 'mainstream' instruments and i have been playing in bands since i was 12 ^^. Aside from music i'm into a lot of games and MMO's especially. In the past i've played Lineage 2, City of heroes, Warhammer online, Age of Conan, Aion, Everquest 2 and WoW, and i'm looking forward to Tera online.
    I played lineage 2 for 3 years and loved it, was just swamped with botters due to lazy western support from ncsoft and was a heavy grind, so eventually got more into wow, though i sometimes reactivate my account for a month to have a play around.
    I'm not completely sure of my pc's specs, as my brother made it himself, i just payed him for it. I know i am running 4GB of ram, Nvidia GTX260 gfx card but i never recieve any FPS issues anymore since i upgraded to this new pc. I love my alts and i do pvp quite a bit on my warrior, so unfortunately i can't offer 2 different specs.
    I guess i'm just looking for a guild i can actually work on progression with, i'm not looking to get carried so hopefully IE will be it.
    Thanks for reading my lifestory cheers
    Alucard
    Alucard

[Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior Empty Re: [Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior

Post  Alucard Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 pm

greetings the apply is pretty good however you got a lot of wrong enchants like +20 resi? or Blue gems in someGear that need to be changed as we expect our raider to be maxed out with enchants,gems
    Strummer

[Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior Empty Re: [Declined] - Stiffnips - 80 Fury Warrior

Post  Strummer Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeah, the resi enchant is because i use that chest for my pvp, tho i could prolly afford to drop 20 resi atm so will change that.
    Currently in the midst of upgrading all my gems to epics as i just blew all my cash on the hilt weapon. Rolling Eyes
    My main issue imo is that my statbuild is still a little sketchy as the chars new, so i've basically been taking whatever i can get aslong as its an upgrade, regardless of the stats.
    nondead
    Class leader
    Class leader

Post  nondead Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:54 pm

This guy is really one of my ravorites and he is a part of the best memories from tbc. i remember in ruin he joined as a 3rd mage but with hes dedication and high performancce became a vital part of ruin. ive played with him on hes multiple characters and i can ensure u that gives hes 100% on raids and can avoid flasks and goos on proffesor more than me;p he really knows hes stuff and can offer high and consistent dps.

dont worry about gems and enchants i will sort them out with the million of mats and gems i have ;p
    Strummer

Post  Strummer Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:56 pm

nondead wrote:
    dont worry about gems and enchants i will sort them out with the million of mats and gems i have ;p

Love you man Razz
    Shirow

Post  Shirow Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Oldest MMO friend of mine, hes hands down a great player; better than myself at least.
    Taumina
    Taumina

Post  Taumina Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Easy way to try to get a thumbs up from me:

Explain how as a Fury Warr you can stack Sunder without gimping your main DPS rotation. Go into as much detail as you want, I've been raiding as Fury before Razz

Gear can be easily fixed but knowledge is key.
    Strummer

Post  Strummer Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Taumina wrote:Easy way to try to get a thumbs up from me:

Explain how as a Fury Warr you can stack Sunder without gimping your main DPS rotation. Go into as much detail as you want, I've been raiding as Fury before Razz

Gear can be easily fixed but knowledge is key.

Can just stack/refresh it when you don't have a Bloodsurge proc, assuming you have enough rage to keep your main rotation going, but its pretty low ragecost.
    Gotta be careful with threat aswell if you're sundering. affraid
    Taumina
    Taumina

Post  Taumina Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Thumbs up from me.
    Sheeris
    Sheeris
    Guild leader
    Guild leader

Post  Sheeris Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:09 am

Hi - tough of a good apply, im a bringer of bad news.

We have 1 fury warrior already a,d 1 of our tank can switch in a very good offspec too.

So im afraid we cant offer you a spot as fury.
    Strummer

Post  Strummer Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:45 am

okay,
    Thanks anyways

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 am