THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE - Please use www.icedearthguild.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE - Please use www.icedearthguild.com

+2
Slinky
Carehoof
6 posters

[Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance)

Carehoof

[Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance) Empty [Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance)

Post  Carehoof Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:27 pm

-Character Name: Carehoof
    -Class: Druid
    -Realm: Draenor EU
    -Professions:Herbalism/Alchemy(Elixir Master)

-Time Played (do /played ingame): 43 days total, 27 at level 80
    (character applying only)

-Show us your gear, link your armory profile:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Carehoof

-Nationality: Dutch
    -Zone:ehh.. Server time
    -English skills for comunication in raids:
    I'm not afraid to use my mic, got a dutch accent but my English is ok.

-Age(Minimum is 18 .. if you are not then don't bother applying):

-What's your pre-wrath raid experience?
    I started playing WoW when patch 2.1 hit, so yeah my first day of WoW I spent like 5 hours updating lol. Around patch 2.4 I had cleared Kara and ZA, when the nerfpatch before Wotlk was released I also did SSC.

-Please indicate how much 10/25 man raiding experience you have:

Ulduar:10/25 all bosses but Yogg and Algalon
    Ulduar Hard-modes:-
    Trial of the Crusader:10man 5/5, 25man 3/5
    Trial of the Grand Crusader (Heroic):10man 1/5, 25man 0/5

-Which Raids are you able to attend? ( please mark with a X in the [] what raid you can make )
    [x] Day 1 - Wednesday 20:00-24:00
    [x] Day 2 - Thursday 20:00-24:00
    [x] DAy 3 - Sunday 20.00-24:00

-My class role in raids is:

This depends on the fight. Obviously Tree of Life is a great buff for the entire raid every fight. Fights where there's a lot of raid damage pretty much all I use is Rejuvenation and Wild Growth.
    I always try to keep up HoTs on the tanks. For fights where there will be some damage spikes it's better to just spam Nourish a bit, with a Rejuvenation on the target it crits for about 11k.

I am convinced a Restoration Druid's role in a raid is to keep up HoTs on whoever needs them and rely on these, rather than spam nourish to top up someone's health. Topping up health is another healer's job, unless there aren't any resto shaman/holy priests around.

I think the way I play resto druid is unique as I've never really met another tree that plays the same as me. Looking at healing done on Recount, most of the time Rejuvenation is the spell I healed the most with, often followed by Wild Growth. When I check other trees' healing done, it's often nourish on top. That's a cast guys, Trees are made for HoTs!

-Why did/do you want to leave your current guild?

Currently I'm in Paragon. This guild was made by Orangepeel and I had full confidence in him making a great guild. However, due to RL issues he decided to leave the guild today. I am an officer in Paragon atm, but not a raid leader or guild leader. The other officers aren't online as often as me and I feel it's up to me to save this guild from dying, but I can't.
    Also please provide us with some previous guild(s) history. Almost 2 months ago I came to Draenor, from Shadowsong.
    Guilds I have been in on Shadowsong won't mean a lot to you unless you've been there yourself. I've been in a hardcore raiding guild but this was too hardcore for me. Then I joined a casual raiding guild but this was too casual for me. We wiped a lot on easy bosses and it wasn't me to blame...

When I came to Draenor I got invited to Relinquished. This guild disbanded before I'd even raided with them. After that I joined Nostalgia. We wiped a lot on Saurfang and there was no improvement, and bad raid leading. I decided to leave and find a new, pro guild. That's when Orangepeel asked me to join his guild, Paragon. Not raided yet, and looks like we're disbanding or just falling apart slowly soon.

-What are your expectations if you join us:

I expect a pro guild with good players that know their classes and boss fights inside out, good raid leading(not excluding yelling at failing people). A nice and social bunch of people that play WoW because they wanna have fun, and find this in raiding.

-Why did you pick us instead of someone else, why do you think we are good for you?

I was in an ICC25man PuG this week and saw one of your members, Marielle there. He/she was playing well. That's pretty much how I got here. I whispered him/her today to ask for this website.

-Tell us something about yourself, tell us a bit about yourself, your background, any other MMOs you've played, your computer and connection, specs you have tried and enjoyed.In short anything that you think will interest us:

My name is Ruben, I'm 20y/o, from Holland. Currently unemployed and living with parents. It's a shame, I know.
    Got a lil thing called ADHD that makes me lose focus fast, not finish anything, be hyperactive at times. My cure seems to be WoW(laugh, its ok) as I don't lose focus fast and can hold on to ideas, like farming for a hog, farming flasks or fish feasts. Unlike in real life, my focus increases during raids. 21st of january might me a turning point irl as im going to a psychologist to get my life back on the road, hopefully getting something they call 'a job', and get my own place. Which is another reason I applied to Iced Earth; it can't be hard to keep at least 3 days free for WoW. That said, I believe I'm a good player that just hasn't found the right guild yet to maximize my performance. Too often I've felt held back because of others making stupid mistakes and wiping the raid. Hopefully in Iced Earth I can maximize my performance, and for once be an addition to a team, not just to a raid or a guild.

I played Runescape when I was like 12, boring as hell. played Maplestory around that same time, boring as hell. When I came across WoW I was sold, loved it and still do.

I'm not technical at all and I have no idea what gig and ram my computer holds. All I know is that I can play WoW flawless, ofc there are exceptions like patchday where everyone is lagging their asses off. I rarely disconnect.

The reason I haven't done many 25man raids is that I've never found a guild that runs them, and pugs failed most of the time.

I have a few alts too.

Moohoof, level 80 protection Tauren warrior. Profs: BS/JC maxed.
    Alwaysdead, level 80 surv Tauren hunter. Profs: Mining maxed, Engineering 445
    Chilili, level 80 frost/arcane Troll mage. Profs: Tailoring 443, Enchanting 450
    Dinges, level 70 prot pala, herbalism/inscri. I don't plan on leveling this char any time soon, but the inscription is nice.
    back on Shadowsong I have an 80 disc priest, mining/engineering 450, but shit geared and didn't like priest at 80.

Total time played over all chars is around 230 days, not counting loads of lvl 10-40 deleted alts lol.

Hope I informed you enough about me and my druid.

Greets, Carehoof.
    Slinky
    Slinky
    Guild leader
    Guild leader

[Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance) Empty Re: [Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance)

Post  Slinky Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi, Thanks for your application. The officers will discuss it and get back to you soon.
    Carehoof

[Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance) Empty Re: [Accepted] - Carehoof, 80 Druid(Resto/Balance)

Post  Carehoof Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Forgot to add, done ICC 3/4, 2% wipe at Saurfang.
    Alucard
    Alucard

Post  Alucard Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Really Nice apply got my vote.
    Taumina
    Taumina

Post  Taumina Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Ooo sounds like another Tree that understands that a Resto Druid's strong points are maintaining a health buffer and smoothing out damage spikes. Gets my vote solely on that.
    Skyrazor
    Skyrazor

Post  Skyrazor Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 am

Yeah I agree, Icecrown Citadel is cold place. We can use some more oak piles of wood so we don't freeze to death since we need to keep our camp fire burning.
    Carehoof

Post  Carehoof Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 am

Why ty guys :> and Taumina for recognising tree powah! Surprised

Skyrazor, you rly wanna burn this mo'fo down? I mean I know I'll make u all warm and safe and increase your spirit by 4.. but what a sacrifice... well if that's what it takes to join u..!!
    Zoku
    Zoku
    Social
    Social

Post  Zoku Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:47 am

I was gonna say lots of evil Evil or Very Mad and mean stuff as I always do on applications. Rofl.

But no need Smile

Got my thumbs up when approval received from our master HoT tree.

Cheers,
    Zoku
    Slinky
    Slinky
    Guild leader
    Guild leader

Post  Slinky Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:26 am

well tbh it was a relief to read your application (my old main was a tree druid and i always healed the same why you did). You have our other healers thumbs up so I would like to invite you to join. Give Slinkyone/Alucard/Sheeris a /w for invite Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:03 am